Friday 1 June 2012

The week is almost over.

This week I have kept myself busy outside my physiotherapy and sport with the coordinating and updating of the booklet of the order of service for the wedding that I am going to tomorrow. Poor Katrin is going frantic with all the last minute stuff. Still, I'm sure everybody will have a wonderful weekend. I have an overnight pass, I can leave tomorrow at 9, straight to Neuville and getting my hair done, and then the wedding.I'm missing tonight's party, and will have to leave Sunday's early to get back here for 6, but hey, I'll be at most of it.

And I'll see some more of my beautiful grandaughter! 

She arrived with her parents yesterday; it was so good to see them all, plus Caroline. Even more convenient as it was a day Jacques couldn't visit; he had 8 hours of orals and then a class meeting.It is hard on Jacques to have to visit me every day (when possible). The clinic is on the opposite side of Annecy from his home and work, so he has to take the ring road. At least he doesn't have to go through town, which as summer tourist season is getting into full swing, would be just a tad difficult.

I'm continuing with thr physio, and sport, and will be walking in the mornings as of Monday. Monday will also see the start of harder work in physio, even if the movements will be tiny.

I got my stitches out today, so can now see my scar. Everyone tells me how neat it is, but it is quite big.  I have to protect it from the sun for a year! So on the terrace, I have to drape a scarf over it.I'll put factor 50 on aswell.

And speaking of the terrace we seem to have started a craze for rummikub.....

On Wednesday Jacques and I were playing, he invited a couple of other chaps to join, I left them at it, and they carried on all afternoon. Today various others joined in too. It seems to be the flavour of the month, both as a player and spectator sport!

It's nice, as it gives us all, regardless of age and injury, something to share.

Tomorrow I get out to go to Peter and Katrin's wedding. So looking forward to it. I'm not quite sure how I can make  a sling elegant, rather doubt that it is possible. Photographic evidence may very well follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment